Weatherization Assistance Program
The Tucson Urban League Weatherization Program enables low-income households to reduce their utility bills by making their homes more energy efficient. Application forms are available below. The Weatherization Assistance Program emphasis is placed on assisting the elderly, the disabled, and high energy users. Our services may include:
- Air sealing to reduce infiltration
- Testing, tuning and maintaining heating and cooling systems
- Duct insulation
- Replacing smoke detectors
- Testing hot water heaters, stoves, and refrigerators for energy efficiency and safety
- Shading sun exposed windows, primarily for houses using central air‐conditioning
- Installing energy efficient light bulbs
- Homeowner energy education.
All work performed is determined by diagnostic testing for program compatibility. Services rendered are determined on a case by case basis. Available funding may vary.
Funding provided by Arizona Community Action,City of Tucson,Pima County, Southwest Gas, State of Arizona and Tucson Electric Power.
Home Repair Program
In partnership with the City of Tucson, our program provides home repairs for qualified applicants. All potential repairs will be professionally assessed for program suitability. Service rendered are determined on a case by case basis. Available funding may vary .
- Must live within the City of Tucson or City of South Tucson
- Must own and live in your home for at least 12 months
- Must meet income qualifications
- Some renters may qualify for weatherization in certain circumstances.
Cynthia Dominguez, Administrative Assistant
2305 S. Park Ave. Tucson, AZ 85713
Phone: 520-791-9522 Ext 2605