Weatherization Assistance Program
The Tucson Urban League Weatherization Program enables low-income households to reduce their utility bills by making their homes more energy efficient. An emphasis is placed on assisting the elderly, the disabled, and high energy users. Our services may include:
- Air sealing to reduce infiltration
- Testing, tuning and maintaining heating and cooling systems
- Duct insulation
- Replacing smoke detectors
- Testing hot water heaters, stoves, and refrigerators for energy efficiency and safety
- Shading sun exposed windows, primarily for houses usingcentral air‐conditioning
- Installing energy efficient light bulbs
- Homeowner energy education.
All work performed is determined by diagnostic testing for program compatibility. Services rendered are determined on a case by case basis. Available funding may vary.
Home Repair Program
In partnership with the City of Tucson, our program provides home repair for qualified applicants.
Our services may include:
- Gas piping leaks
- Water piping leaks
- Sewer line repairs
- Electrical repairs
- Replacing existing furnace or cooling system
- Water heater replacement
- Leaking roof repairs and/or replacement
All potential repairs will be professionally assessed for program suitability. Services rendered are determined on a case by case basis. Available funding may vary.
- Must live within the City of Tucson or City of South Tucson
- Must own and live in your home for at least 12 months
- Must meet income qualifications
- Some renters may qualify for weatherization in certain circumstances.
Debra Johnson, Intake Specialist/ Outreach Coordinator
2305 S. Park Ave. Tucson, AZ 85713
Phone: 520-791-9522 Ext 2605