Utility and Rental Assistance Program
We understand that everyone will need some help at some time. For over 20 years, The Tucson Urban League Case Management Emergency Assistance Services Program has provided financial assistance to low income families and individuals in crisis situations within Pima County. The overall goal of the program is to prevent homelessness through rental, mortgage and utility assistance (electric, gas, water, phone).
Funding provided by State of Arizona, Pima County Community Access, Southwest Gas
We are here to lend a helping hand with your utility and rental/mortgage bills. If you live within the City of Tucson you may qualify for our services. Please call the Tucson Urban League Emergency Hotline at 520-791-9522 to schedule an appointment.
All clients are required to present the following documents in order to receive assistance:
- Social Security Cards for every household member
- Proof of Citizenship
- Birth Certificate for all household members
- Picture ID
- Income verification for the last 30 days from the date of your appointment
- Examples include pay stubs, unemployment wages, child support payments,
- DES Award letters/Food Stamp Letters (if applicable)
- Current utility bill in applicant's name or eligible household member
- Current lease, mortgage statement, or Section 8 calculation summary