Since its inception in 1971, the Tucson Urban League has been steadfast in its commitment to empowering communities and changing lives. With a proven track record of pulling people out of poverty and putting them on the path to empowerment, the Tucson Urban League celebrates its 40th Anniversary by launching a campaign focused on four goals for communities, in the areas of education, employment, housing and healthcare.
The Tucson Urban League is launching the I AM EMPOWERED TUCSON campaign in tandem with the National Urban League! Take the “I Am Empowered pledge and join the growing number of people across Tucson committed to building a better future and empowering the communities we serve! Become part of the Tucson Urban League affiliate team to get started and begin working towards helping the Tucson Urban League reach the empowerment goals. I AM EMPOWERED TUCSON will galvanize thousands of people to take a pledge to commit their time and talent to help Tucson Community achieve the goals by 2025!
Four Simple Ways To Take The Pledge Today!
Go to Web: www.iamempowered.com
Mail: Complete, Tear & Return
Text: EMPOWER to 69866
(Message and data rates may apply)
Mobile: Download IAE Mobile App
(Apple App Store, Blackberry App World, Android market)
Today, with key programs focused in the areas of education, employment, housing and healthcare, the Tucson Urban League delivers social services that eliminate the equality gap for all Tucsonans. The programs and services provided by the Tucson Urban League assists thousands of people. If you want to learn more about our services and programs and connect with participants, get empowered, take the pledge and join the Tucson Urban League affiliate team!
Take The Pledge Today!
THE PLEDGE: “I pledge to responsibly commit my time and talent to ensure that the nation is empowered to achieve the following goals by 2025”
- Every American child is ready for college, work and life.
- Every American has access to jobs with a living wage and good benefits.
- Every American lives in safe, decent, affordable and energy efficient housing on fair terms.
- Every American has access to quality and affordable health care solutions.
Goal 1: Every American child is ready for college, work and life.
- Henry Quinto Early Learning Childcare Center
- Henry Ryan Early Learning Childcare Center
- Project Yes Tutoring/Mentoring Program
- After School Program
- Intel Computer Clubhouse Network (a collaborative with Intel and the University of Arizona)
- Comprehensive Youth Program (CYP)
- Prevention, Academic and Technology (PAT)
- Jump Out Gang Prevention & Intervention
Goal 2: Every American has access to jobs with a living wage and good benefits.
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
- Job Placements
- Summer Youth Education & Employment Program (SYEEP))
- In School Training and Employment (IN-STEP)
Goal 3: Every American lives in safe, decent, affordable and energy efficient housing on fair terms.
- Casas De Cielo Azul (Blue Sky Homes)
- Homestart Program
- HUD Counseling
- Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO)
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- South Park Area Rehabilitation Project (a collaborative with the City of Tucson)
- Major/Minor Housing Weatherization and Rehabilitation (City of Tucson)
- Home Repair Program (Pima County)
- Utility Repairs, Replacement & Deposits (URRD)
- Apartment Rental Program
- Financial Literacy Program
Goal 4: Every American has access to quality and affordable health care solutions.
HEALTH & ECONOMIC SERVICES
- Senior Food and Nutrition Program
- Senior Health Education & Awareness Program
- Youth Health Education Awareness (a collaborative with SAAF)
- Diaper Bank
- The Community Closet
- Food Box Information(a collaborative with SAAF)
- Rental Assistance
- Utilities Assistance
- Utility Deposits
- Telephone Assistance
- Mortgage Assistance