Tucson Urban League offers employment opportunities in the areas of administration: operations, finance, human resources, fundraising, and programs: Employment & Training, Housing & Weatherization, Seniors Program, Case Management, Youth Development, and Project Yes.
Foreclosure Prevention Counselor (See Description Below)
Housing Crew Member (See Description Below)
Ways to Apply:
- In person: Monday-Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. located at:
2305 S. Park Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713
- By mail sending application and/or resume to:
Tucson Urban League
Attn: Human Resources
2305 S. Park Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713
Click here to download application
- On line: depending on where the position is posted (if position is posted on line information will be available on the website directing you to the appropriate website).
- E-mail resume and or application to Anita Smith-Etheridge email:
TUCSON URBAN LEAGUE, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Foreclosure Prevention Counselor
DEPARTMENT: Housing Department
REPORTS TO: Utility Department Facilitator
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Tucson Urban League is a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency. Following HUD guidelines, the Foreclosure Prevention Counselor will provide education, information and guidance in order for a client to make an informed selection of the options available to them. The Foreclosure Prevention Counselor interacts with lenders/servicers and advocates for clients in an effort to preserve homeownership for existing homeowners at risk of foreclosure. As a Case Manager, this position will interview, counsel, and assist low income clients, develop case management plans, determine eligibility, and refer client to appropriate services when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide comprehensive individual counseling to rent and utility assistance clients to prevent foreclosure of a current home.
- Assume and manage a caseload of clients whose situations may require intervention or negotiation with a mortgage lender. In such cases, negotiate appropriately with a mortgage lender for loss mitigation, short sale etc. Continue to work with client as needed until case is resolved in the best possible way for the client. Keep case open until client has reached a workout with the lender. Providing consistent quarterly follow up with client to ensure client is still on track.
- Analyze overall financial status to identify the best solution for each client.
- Work with clients to facilitate the process toward attainment of established goals.
- Assist clients in overcoming obstacles with current financial situations, credit scores, and financial budgeting.
- Develop and maintain client case management and corrective action plans.
- Create and maintain electronic customer files and hard copy files with updated information (including all necessary and required forms and documentation) in compliance with the program and Housing and Urban Development (HUD) filing guidelines.
- Complete appropriate statistical and analytical reports to include information regarding counseling services, customer satisfaction, and outcomes data.
- Interact and collaborate with others in pursuit of and attainment of the program goals.
- Monitors program contract. Prepares required reports to account for program activity.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with local, state and federal agencies.
* Case Manager
- Interview and counsel low income and disadvantaged clients regarding utility assistance, budget preparation, home management, energy conservation, and other utility assistance, including follow-up
- Review all client documentation and establish client eligibility for all utility and rental assistance programs
- Develops and maintains client files in accordance to ACAA and DES standards
- Coordinates services with internal programs and outside agencies utilizing a referral system for clients.
- Mobilize resources, as needed, to achieve expected goals to assist in achieving desired Case Management outcomes within desired time frames
- Ensure the client case management process is carried out within established benchmarks and timeframe
- Ability to handle a caseload of 4-6 clients daily
- Adhere to departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies, and procedures
- May also provide workshops in the following areas as needed: Homebuyer Education, Financial Literacy, Home Maintenance and Rental.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Certified Housing Counselor preferred
* Minimum of two-four years of experience in related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Adhere to professional ethical standards of working in a social service agency
- Effectively handle a fast-paced environment
- Thorough knowledge of casework principles, techniques, and practices
- Considerable knowledge of personal financial management
- Understanding of the structure of primary and secondary mortgage markets, the collection and loss mitigation functions of those entities collecting mortgage payments.
- High level of detail-orientation to ensure compliance with regulations, parameters, policies, and procedures.
- Proficiency with database, spreadsheet, and other business software applications.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong project management, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a productive team member.
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain a flexible, adaptive and positive approach in a constantly-changing office environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform duties in a confidential manner
- Demonstrate caring for the community
- Creative thinker with problem solving abilities
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with established timelines
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Ability to serve a multi-cultural client base
- Possess excellent customer service and presentation skills.
- Must possess good organizational and computer skills
- Task oriented individual who learns new material quickly
- Must be dependable, dedicated and flexible in regards to working some nights and weekends
* This position is subject to the availability of funds.
* Must have access to reliable vehicle, valid auto insurance, valid Arizona driver’s license and a good driving record.
* Must pass pre-employment drug test.
* Additional hours required, including some nights and weekends.
Requires manual dexterity to perform daily functions of the position.
THE TUCSON URBAN LEAGUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE
JOB TITLE: Crew Member
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
STATUS: Full Time
FUNCTION: With direction from the Crew Leader, works as part of a team in performing all phases of home rehabilitation and weatherization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with assigned Crew Leader and other Crew Members to accomplish work as specified
- Participates in all training sessions
- Assists with the timely delivery of materials to job sites as needed
- With direction from the Crew Leader, performs a variety of general home and energy conserving repairs and/or construction, including but not limited to: framing/ finish carpentry, drywall, plastering, plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling unit repairs/ replacements, door/window repairs/replacements, roof repairs, painting, masonry.
- Administers all activities associated with the repair, renovation, and weatherization of homes for income eligible clients interested in home weatherization or emergency home repair programs
- Ensures quality workmanship on TUL jobs
- Trained in lead identification
- Other duties as required to ensure a complete professional job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITITES:
- Good knowledge of methods, practices and materials used for home repairs and construction
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions
- Excellent skills in the use of tools and equipment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with fellow employees and clients
- Sufficient writing skills in English to accurately complete time sheets and write comments on jobs or notes to vendors, clients or supervisors
- Any combination of training, education or experience which demonstrates ability to perform duties of the position
- Position dependent on the availability of funding
- Must be able to lift up to 85 pounds
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s License, a good driving record and vehicle insurance.
THE TUCSON URBAN LEAGUE IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER