Tucson Urban League offers employment opportunities in the areas of administration: operations, finance, human resources, fundraising, and programs: Employment & Training, Housing & Weatherization, Seniors Program, Case Management, Youth Development, and Project Yes.
JOB TITLE: Kitchen Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Senior Nutrition Program
SALARY RAGE: Depending on qualifications and program funding
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Program Facilitator
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Hour Paid
FUNCTION: In charge of management kitchen, food, and other duties
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Open facilities and check dinner areas in the morning for clients.
- Plan, prepare and serve balanced breakfast meals according to Department of Health and Tucson Urban League standards. Food preparation must be good so that nutrients are preserved and food is appetizing to clients.
- Develop menu in advance for every month.
- Purchase food and rotate inventory on first-in-first-out basis.
- Maintain entire kitchen and pantry in clean and orderly manner.
- Order and prepare food in sufficient, but economical quantities.
- Maintain entire kitchen to meet sanitation requirements: wash dishes, clean stove, carts, pots, trays, carts, aprons, utensils, dinner tables, etc.
- Creativity and flexibility in menu planning and food preparation and serving
- Utilizes all available resources such as Food Bank, donated items, grocery stores weekly adds, purchase fresh fruit and vegetables in season, etc.
- Assists clients with special needs, open communication with clients - staff.
- Attend staff, program and PCOA, meetings when required.
- Provide assistance to meet Senior Program objectives, good verbal and written communication skills, help with office work, clients intake, collection money, and planning special events.
Ways to Apply:
In person: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00 pm located at 2305 S. Park Ave Tucson, AZ 85713
By mail sending application and/or resume to:
Tucson Urban League
Attn: Human Resources
2305 S. Park Ave
Tucson, AZ 85713
On line: depending on where the position is posted (if position is posted on line information will be available on the website directing you to the appropriate website).
E-mail resume/ and or application to firstname.lastname@example.org