Tucson Urban League offers employment opportunities in the areas of administration: operations, finance, human resources, fundraising, and programs: Employment & Training, Housing & Weatherization, Seniors Program, Case Management, Youth Development, and Project Yes.
Ways to Apply:
In person: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00 pm located at 2305 S. Park Ave Tucson, AZ 85713
By mail sending application and/or resume to:
Tucson Urban League
Attn: Human Resources
2305 S. Park Ave
Tucson, AZ 85713
On line: depending on where the position is posted (if position is posted on line information will be available on the website directing you to the appropriate website).
E-mail resume/ and or application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Announcement: Development Director
Salary Range: $40,000-50,000 per year
Organization Overview: The Tucson Urban League (TUL) is a social service organization dedicated to advance economic and social prosperity for African Americans and other underserved Tucson area residents by creating access to opportunity through advocacy, community partnerships, and programs and services. Founded over 40 years ago, the organization annually serves 15,000 minority and low-income individuals of all ages in the following programs and services: employment and training, utility and rental assistance, homebuyer and foreclosure counseling, weatherization and home repair, after school and child care, senior meals and the community closet.
Position Overview: The Tucson Urban League is currently seeking a dynamic Director of Development to establish and oversee a growing resource development program. The successful candidate will play a key role as the organization’s fundraising official, responsible for setting and achieving goals, as well as securing support from individuals, corporations, and foundations. Working closely with the CEO, TUL’s Board, and supporter network, the Director will combine a deep understanding of development strategy with metrics to measure success in the TUL organization. To thrive in this position, one will be resourceful, adept at thinking strategically, and able to translate plans into action. This is a great opportunity for driven professionals who are excited about jumping into a growing team with a results-oriented start-up culture.
- In collaboration with the CEO and Board of Directors, create strategic plans for all development efforts, including major gift solicitation, fundraising events, cultivation of corporate charitable funds and sponsorships.
- Develop, manage and continually evaluate systems, processes and protocols around donor stewardship
- Research grant opportunities and develop and draft proposals for federal, foundation, and corporate grants.
- Develop and oversee the individual giving strategy by researching, identifying and cultivating existing and potential donors.
- Create annual revenue projections with the CEO, and develop and implement fundraising goals, strategies, and activities to achieve revenue goals.
- Analyze and report on trends regarding individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
- Work closely with the CEO and Marketing Consultant to create promotional materials designed to enhance fundraising efforts, build relationships with donors, and increase visibility for TUL.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and comprehensive monitoring and reporting of contributions, income, and expenses.
- Organize and track all aspects of donor and grant management, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, deadlines, and recognition.
- Create content, write, and edit external communications for social media, solicitation letters, and other pieces as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience and demonstrated success raising funds for growing nonprofit organizations; experience growing the individual donor base of an organization
- Strong passion for the mission of the TUL
- Substantial experience implementing fundraising plans and cultivating relationships for all funding streams including high net worth individuals, foundations, events and corporations
- Strong work ethic; ability to lead by example and work effectively in a results-oriented environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling to donors and prospects
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills combined with a flexible and entrepreneurial spirit and ability to execute within a resource-constrained environment
- Ability to make decisions independently combined with an ability to work collaboratively
- Capability to thrive and take initiative in a success-driven environment with a commitment to a high standard of excellence, responsibility and accountability
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
How to Apply: Send a cover letter outlining fundraising experience along with a resume to email@example.com by 5:00 pm November 1, 2014. Hiring will take place once a candidate is discovered. Planned start date is December 1, 2014