Tucson Urban League offers employment opportunities in the areas of administration: operations, finance, human resources, fundraising, and programs: Employment & Training, Housing & Weatherization, Seniors Program, Case Management, Youth Development, and Project Yes.
Ways to Apply:
In person: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00 pm located at 2305 S. Park Ave Tucson, AZ 85713
By mail sending application and/or resume to:
Tucson Urban League
Attn: Human Resources
2305 S. Park Ave
Tucson, AZ 85713
On line: depending on where the position is posted (if position is posted on line information will be available on the website directing you to the appropriate website).
E-mail resume/ and or application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing Crew Member
JOB TITLE: Crew Member
SALARY: Based on Experience
REPORTS TO: Crew Leader
STATUS: Full Time
FUNCTION: With direction from the Crew Leader, works as part of a team in performing all phases of home rehabilitation and weatherization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with assigned Crew Leader and other Crew Members to accomplish work as specified.
- Participates in all training sessions
- Assists with the timely delivery of materials to job sites as needed
- With direction from the Crew Leader, performs a variety of general home and energy conserving repairs and/or construction, including but not limited to: framing/ finish carpentry, drywall, plastering, plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling unit repairs/ replacements, door/window repairs/replacements, roof repairs, painting, masonry.
- Administers all activities associated with the repair, renovation, and weatherization of homes for income eligible clients interested in home weatherization or emergency home repair programs
- Ensures quality workmanship on TUL jobs
- Trained in lead identification
- Other duties as required to ensure a complete professional job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITITES:
- Good knowledge of methods, practices and materials used for home repairs and construction
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions
- Excellent skills in the use of tools and equipment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with fellow employees and clients
- Sufficient writing skills in English to accurately complete time sheets and write comments on jobs or notes to vendors, clients or supervisors
- Any combination of training, education or experience which demonstrates ability to perform duties of the position
- Position dependent on the availability of funding
- Must be able to lift up to 85 pounds
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s License, a good driving record and vehicle insurance.
THE TUCSON URBAN LEAGUE IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER National Urban League Jobs Network